Knowing ahead what’s hot and popular and what deals are available to add to your website, gives you the advantage of selling your “niche products.” Find out what niche products you are promoting are hot and add them to your site. Many people want to plan the entire shopping event ahead but have no intention of being caught in the “mob” of Black Friday.
This day is considered unique to in-store purchases but you may be able to entice some to do online internet shopping from your site. I promote and buy from Amazon but many other retail stores have affiliate programs. Check them out at http://www.theblackfriday.com/. This is a cool site for both affiliate marketers and Holiday shoppers.
It really pays to be in the know of market trends if you are selling on the internet or buying for family and friends, internet style or in-store madness. Retailers share their Black Friday ads on this site. Yes, they do keep an eye on each other and it’s to their benefit in the long run, to share what’s hot in the marketplace.
This article is more for the affiliate who has started his or her own affiliate marketing program.For growth and success of the program you really need to understand the workings of affiliate marketing. Managing an affiliate program properly is the key to its success. This marketing segment constantly changes and will need adjustments.
Best practices for a successful campaign:
1. Update affiliates on a regular basis, sending newsletters with relevant information that will help them focus on their affiliate marketing promotions. Provide info on how to sell products through different communication like emails, lists, safelists, websites, SEO, forum posting and of course Facebook and Twitter.
2. Find a way to create a balance between the needs of the merchant and the affiliate needs. This balance ensures that both ends of the program are generating more revenue. Remember, for many this may be their first attempt at making money online.
3. Always track results. Keep track of what works.
4. Encourage honesty. Affiliate marketing really does thrive on honesty. Consumers need to
trust you and they can only do that when you are being truthful. The affiliate programs that
you are managing should only sell genuine products. At first, you have to know what works and pass the knowledge on . As I have stated before go with longevity and reputation. ClickBank with the CBAds Tool Kit, Amazon, and Neobux have been on the web 10 plus years.
5. Managing affiliates requires quick solving of problems. Affiliates want to make money. Don’t make them wait for answers.
6. Be accessible. Affiliates should be able to communicate with you when they have issues.
Lack of communication is one of the reasons why most affiliates opt out of programs.
7. The merchant should pay commissions to affiliates in a timely manner as agreed.
8. Update text links, data feeds, coupons, banners and promotions on a regular basis. Keep
them fresh and relevant to the concerned parties.
9. The affiliate marketer has the responsibility of generating the clicks while the merchant should be creating more conversions. One party helps the other increase income and the entire program should provide customers with information they were looking for when clicking on your link.
10. Push for the rewarding of affiliates who perform exceptionally. Motivation increases with success.
Rewarding those who exceed expectations ultimately pushes them to reach higher and encourages others to do the same.
Just a few short comments and dates. If you sell for Amazon, hope your site is ready. The big Holiday Season is coming. Make sure your links are out there by November 1st or at least the first week in November. This is the largest retail and online sales event of the year. If your niche is cold weather related and or gifts, toys in particular, don’t miss this one. Many affiliate marketers make more money in November and December than the other months combined.
Amazon Associates Important Dates
1. Black Friday, November 24, 2017
2. Cyber Monday following Black Friday, November 27, 2017
3. Mega Monday, the British version of Cyber Monday, last Monday in November
4. Green Monday, most sites, list sales online at midnight, December 11, 2017
Get Rich Quick Scams Revealed. Oh, it would be so nice to join an affiliate program or online company that all you have to do is click a few times a day, and tons of money would be deposited into your PayPal account. “Too good to be true” is the law to follow in internet marketing, affiliate marketing, home business, rev share programs, more on that in another post. Some are up front, many are not. Been there, done that!
Everybody would love to make lots of money quickly, working from home, and only doing a few hours of work per week. Just remember when you purchase a working from home program, you will have to direct traffic to it. One highly successful internet Guru makes over $100,000 yearly promoting an online clothing company but spends $25,000 yearly on advertising. I never took that into consideration when starting out. It is an honest upfront company but getting traffic to your site, costs money. Do you have that just starting out? Most people don’t.
Now, I’ve seen a lot of “get rich quick” programs. Most of these people make claims about earning $2000/day with Google or something similarly insane. Don’t be scammed. Almost all of these people are complete liars. Even if they were making $2000/day with Google AdSense, it’d be because they had high- traffic websites with a lot of quality content. That’s not done with a few clicks of the mouse.
When starting out in your search for an online business, consider:
1.Price of program.
2.Is the information up to date?
3.Could this information be found almost anywhere online for free? ( but, if it can be, do you know where to find it and do you really want to take the time to search?)
4.Is there e-mail support?
5.Are there money back guarantees?
Again, I go with the longevity factor. Scammers don’t last long on the internet.